ADAPTER, LAMPHOLDER -- Bayonet 12/24V Bulbs into 115 VAC Sockets -- NOS!

From: Jim Newton (jnewton@laurel.com)
Date: Wed May 14 2003 - 17:16:19 PDT

Hello All...

I'm turning into a mini dealer in the last few days as I dig through
this ancient warehouse uncovering old treasures decorated with NSN and
FSN numbers!

Today while looking for more stencil sets, I found these cool light
bulb adapters that screw into a standard household-style lamp socket
and allow you to plug in an automotive style bayonet bulb.

They are NSN 6250-00-295-2303 and MILDOCS.COM NSN Search shows the
following:

  NSN: 6250-00-295-2303
  NIIN: 00-295-2303
  FSN: 6250-295-2303
  DEMILITARIZATION CODE: A
  ORIGINAL PRICE PER UNIT: $0.75 EA
  APPLIES TO: N/A
  CATEGORY: 7520 - BALLASTS, LAMPHOLDERS, AND STARTERS
  CATEGORY DESCRIPTION: NONE
  MENTIONED IN ETMS:
     NONE FOUND
  ITEM SPECIFICATIONS:
  o BODY MATERIAL: CERAMIC
  o COMPONENT SWITCH: NOT INCLUDED
  o SHELL MATERIAL: BRASS
  o LAMP ACCOMMODATION QUANTITY: 1
  o SHELL: INCLUDED
  o MAXIMUM CURRENT RATING: 10.000 AMPERES
  o LAMP BASE STYLE: 22E ADMEDIUM SCREW
  o SHELL SURFACE TREATMENT: NICKEL PLATED
  o MAXIMUM VOLTAGE RATING IN VOLTS: 30.0
  o LAMP BASE STYLE ACCOMMODATED: 7A SINGLE CONTACT BAYONET
        CANDELABRA
  o MAXIMUM WATTAGE RATING IN WATTS: 100.0

These would be great for running 24v lighting in a tent, cargo area,
drop light, around camp or at a show by using any industrial or home
fixtures (painted OD, of course).

They take a bulb such as the type used in a deuce tail light housing,
but can also take civilian 12v car lamps...any standard bayonet bulb
with a single contact on the bottom.

Anyway, I have posted an information page with pictures at the
following address:

  http://www.CUCV.net/listings/6250-00-295-2303.html

I have a case of perhaps 800 pieces, and I didn't see any more but I
have not gone through the whole warehouse yet.

Thanks!

--

Jim "Ike" Newton

o 1984 M1007 CUCV Military Suburban 6.2 Liter (378 CID) Turbo-Diesel Engine 5/4 Ton Cargo Capacity, 4WD

o 1971 M35A2 Military Troop/Cargo Truck "Deuce and a Half" 478 CID Turbo-Diesel Multi-Fuel Engine Air Shift Front Axle 2 1/2 Ton Cargo Capacity, 6WD

See These Trucks at www.CUCV.NET Keyword Searching of 22,000 Electronic TMs at www.MILDOCS.com