fuel injector leaks

From: Patrick Jankowiak (eccm@swbell.net)
Date: Thu May 15 2003 - 18:11:16 PDT

I have noticed that there is always some mess on the fuel injector
lines and on and around the clamps that hold the injectors in. I
cleaned this off, and it came back again.. There's a very small oil
leak at the front of the engine head, but a diesel mechanic I had look
at this said that the injectors are leaking. I suppose the only wat to
really tell is to hose it all off, and then run the engine till I see
a mess starting to form.

I do not notice any lack of the usual power.

Will there be enough pressure idling to make the injectors leak, if
that is what is happening?

If they are leaking, can I tighten the bolts and or the pipe fittings,
what should I do?