Re: [MV] M35 parking brake question

From: jonathon (jemery@execpc.com)
Date: Fri May 16 2003 - 21:59:29 PDT

>My parking brake handle is the 'ratchet' type, with the 'squeeze'
>handle and is not the kind having the top cylindrical cap to turn to
>adjust. I notice that my parking brake handle must be pulled all the
>way up to its stop to engage the brake well. The adjustment seems to
>be at its limit too. Do I need to replace the cable, or is there
>another adjustment?

I have the flip up type but I too was at the limit of adjustment on both
ends of the cable. Problem turned out to be that my shoes where worn out. I
took them off and took them to a truck brake shop and had them relined. I
don't recall the cost, but seems to me it was under $50. I had posted some
hints I discovered about doing this that differ from the manual some ago but
I don't recall the details now, perhaps a search of the archives???

later,

je