Verify M37 VIN number

From: Dan Bever (goin_myway@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue May 20 2003 - 13:11:14 PDT

List,

I recently purchased an M37B1 w/w. On the data plate
attached to the glove box it has the serial number as
#64367 and a DOD of 8/61. However the frame numbers
are #2661164367. Was it common to only list the last
five digits on the data plate? Upon first inspection
of the vehicle I thought the glove box door may have
been replaced as the title (which has the serial
number the same as on the data plate) listed it as a
1952 model year. After I got it home I was able to
strip the layers of OD from the front left frame rail
and find the frame number which is listed above. I
believe now that some one mistakenly put this down as
a 1952 instead of what I think is correctly a 1961 B1
model. The truck runs fairly well and I am looking
forward to restoring and possibly going with a Marine
Corps theme circa 1966/67. Go to
http://photos.yahoo.com/goin_myway

and you can see 4 photos of this vehicle.
thanks
Dan Bever
MVPA18507
1961 M37B1 w/w