Re: [MV] fording question

From: Bjorn Brandstedt (super_deuce@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue May 20 2003 - 13:29:31 PDT

Hi Brian,
I'm not sure what a "pneumo-switch" is, but once the fording kit is
installed and all maintenance up to date (a lot goes into this!) on your
deuce, you need to do two things before hitting the water; plug the bell
housing and pull out the "fording handle" on the pasenger side of the dash.
The fording handle opens a valve that pressurizes the bell housing/gear box
to about 1.5 psi. When you do that you should hear air escape through the
relief valve on top of the gear box. The shift lever boot must be tight for
the pressure to be maintained. This will keep water out to a fording depth
of about six feet.
There are other little things too, like smearing grease on battery
terminals, but perhaps this will help for starters.
Bjorn
MVPA 19212
Meadows of Dan, Virginia