Re: [MV] Dismounting WW2 20" tires

From: F. Brian Mead (brian@hardscrabblefarm.com)
Date: Tue May 20 2003 - 13:05:25 PDT

Thanks to everyone who replied. Actually, the work was being done by the
mobile tire mounting service that my next door neighbor uses for his modern
dump truck. He had never dealt with a WW2 GM type Budd wheel. Seems we
were doing the right thing, just not applying enough pressure.

I'll see if there's a local tire shop that's dealt with the Budd type
wheels before. Thanks for the warnings too...I've been on the list long
enough to know it's a job I don't want to try to do myself, just thought
the easiest way would be to get the guy who would stop by my house to do
the work.

Thanks,
Brian