Re: [MV] Dismounting WW2 20" tires

From: Steve & Jeanne Keith (cckw@attbi.com)
Date: Tue May 20 2003 - 12:55:05 PDT

OK, I will tell you the secret.... It is magic.....

If you have the WW2 GM type Budd wheels, w/o the split, you MUST
get the tire completely away from the ring. Hit the ring a few times so that
it understands that you want to take it off. You will need a special tool to
hook the tab in the ring. Upi apply an upward and into the wheel motion
with the tool whist you hit the ring opposit the tab in the direction of the
tab.
You may heed additional tools to help keep the thing started, but do not
apply much pressure (lifting) to them or you may bend the ring.

OR take it to a tire shoppe...

They go together much easier.

Steve AKA Dr Deuce who owns a Bear truck tire machine (up to 24")