Re: [MV] Detroit Lockers with Locking Hubs

From: Recovry4x4@aol.com
Date: Mon May 26 2003 - 07:56:39 PDT

Hello, list? Can you hear me? As a bit of insite for those who don't know
but were afriad to ask, a Detroit Locker is not a spool. It will unlock in
turns. It has its own different quirks but it will unlock. Just so you know, the
outer wheel will overspeed and the inside wheel stays locked in turns. On a
front drive axle, without it being powered you shouldn't notice it at all. I'm
going to definitly side with Jonathan as he is 100% correct. Maybe Tractech
should rename it to a "Detroit Unlocker"!

In a message dated 5/26/03 9:19:19 AM Eastern Daylight Time,