Re: [MV] Detroit Lockers with Locking Hubs

From: D O (dohe69@hotmail.com)
Date: Sat May 24 2003 - 21:14:04 PDT

That was my thinking also, but some previous posts advised of the handling
difficulty in the mud with a mechanical (Detroit) locker in the front, as it
will engage and disengage as it senses slip. But when this happens while
trying to navigate a turn in the mud or on a side slope, thats not good.

I am now thinking an air locker in the front would be best, as once it is
locked in it stays that way, no surprises.

I would still like to put a detroit locker in one rear axle as well as have
manual hubs on that axle when they become available. Then I could unlock
the hubs for highway driving and reduce strain on the drivetrain when tandem
driving axles are not needed.