Re: [MV] Multifuel fuel line question

From: micdunn (micdunn@ev1.net)
Date: Tue May 27 2003 - 19:05:13 PDT

Sean,
I had exactly the same problem on a 4000 mile road trip. Take one of the old
fuel lines with you. Go to any big-rig parts store and buy 12' of 1/4" nylon
air line. Also buy the 4 little brass inserts for the ends and 4 brass
compression sleeves. The whole lot should be under $20. When you remove the
old fuel lines, installation of the new ones becomes obvious. Cut the nylon
line square with a razor blade and make sure that the line is fully inserted
into the fitting. Tighten everything until it no longer leaks, do not
overtighten. If they still rub together, wrap the rub point with electrical
tape.
-Sarge