Dupont/or Martin Senior Mil-spec Paint

From: Terry Lane (tlane@mobynet.com)
Date: Sun Jun 01 2003 - 15:04:26 PDT

Hello list,
   My local pintshop/painter buddy found the pint from Martin Senior and
or Dupont but he can't get it here in good ole California due the cfc
free zone here. My farts put more cfc into the air then this paint!
Anyway, they won't even give him the paint number because they don't
want to get into trouble! Big Brother or what! Can someone out of state
please get the paint number of the desert flat tan the military uses? I
can order it from a list member out of state and my painter buddy will
shoot it for me. I am going to take him pieces at a time to paint. Hoodm
windshield, brackets, fuel tank, etc. etc. yadda yadda. I will remove
the bed and he will paint it here for me out on the farm. He can paint
the cab and chassis in his booth
with the windshield off, it will fit barely. I will steam it three times
and clean it as well as possible. Should I prime over the sand CARC
paint that is on it or just sand the surface rusty spots and the surface
of the carc and paint it?-----Thanks for all the advice here on the
list.
Regards--terry lane
M35-A2 AMGen