86 Diesel VW Crew Cab Drop Side Pickup Truck

From: Mel Miller (nourmahal@att.net)
Date: Sun Jun 01 2003 - 16:55:21 PDT

Howdy Gruppe,

I bought this OD Green 1986 Transporter, VIN WV2ZZZ24ZFH116974, with 4895
miles on it from the Nueces county surplus sale. It was used on a carrier's
hanger deck to shuttle stuff around. It is painted OD and still has the
original Continental Contrans tires. I cannot find parts or repair manuals
on it since it is not a US model. I do not even know the engine size!. The
second 'Z' in the VIN designates the engine type but all the VIN deciphering
websites I have found here in the US do not list a Z engine. I cannot seem
to access German parts sites.

I have a fuel problem - fuel comes to the injection pump but not to the
injectors. Monday we take the guts out of the fuel solenoid to see if the
problem is with the solenoid or with the injector pump. I will need either a
solenoid or an injection pump. I also desperately need a repair manual in
English, or German if I cannot find an English one.

Can any of our German members hook me up with a parts company based in
Germany with a guy who speaks English and who would take Discover or
MasterCard? It would have to be an independent parts supplier because
official VW dealers will not sell parts to the US for non US vehicles.

TIA,
Mel Miller
Corpus Christi, TX
361-937-3317