Re: [MV] CUCV battery discharge problems...

From: Cliff Smith (mtnbikinssgt@hotmail.com)
Date: Sun Jun 01 2003 - 21:57:19 PDT

I know it sounds simple but a pain in the Arse, but how about taking the main termials off when not in use?  Or installing a disconnect in the line?

Cliff Smith
'77 M880
'68 M274A5
'?? M416 (Flatbed)
MVPA #26244
From: Jumpmaster
Subject: [MV] CUCV battery discharge problems...
Date: Sun, 1 Jun 2003 21:43:34 -0700 (PDT)
Howdy...
While on the subject of Solargizers, that reminds me
of a few questions I've been meaning to ask...
My M1009 had been converted to 12v before I got it.
I've had problems with the batteries discharging
excessively ever since I got it. Are the mil-spec
solargizers 12v? What is a good source for these?
Shall I put one on each battery? (There are two
batteries in parallel)
I keep wondering what could possibly be discharging
the batteries while it sits, but can't come up with
anything. If it sits even for 2 weeks, it won't
start. Then again, it could be the 110 degree heat
here the past few days. I can't even jump start the
thing at this point...I think I'm going to have to
swap out the batteries again. Anyway, the whole thing
is really trying my patience now.
Any ideas or comiserations are welcome. Really need
info/sources for the mil-spec solargizers. When I
swap these batteries out, I'm going to want to keep
them maintained.
T. Bloxom
1985 M1009 CUCV