Re: [MV] CUCV battery discharge problems...

From: Jumpmaster (the_real_jumpmaster@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Jun 02 2003 - 20:02:41 PDT

Howdy!

Thanks for all the advice on the drained batteries in
my M1009...the two I had in there both turned out to
be bad (about 1.5 and 2.0 volts each under load). Not
sure if I just had rotten luck and got two bad ones
before or what happened...the 110 degree Texas heat
the past few days may have zapped them.

Had free 2-year replacement, so popped the two new
ones in and it cranked right up. The alternator was
replaced about 200 miles ago with a brand new
higher-current one. I might still need to get that
checked out anyway though.

I still think I want to go ahead and locate a mil-spec
solargizer though...and a master disconnect...both
were good suggestions. Also a good idea to meter out
the current draw and try to isolate that...that may
take a little time.

Thanks again!

T. Bloxom
1985 M1009 CUCV