Re: [MV] How to unplug ...? M35 fun

From: Employee@MilVeh.com
Date: Tue Jun 03 2003 - 21:56:45 PDT

M35 fun: Ok, I got these brand new bows and uprights
and when I went to install them, I made an ugly
discovery. Some of the steel holders were really
obstructed with pounded in broken supports.

Seems like way back in the history of this truck when
the fiberglass upright broke off inside the steel tube
holding it in place, the grunts cure was pound another
one in, right on top of the old one... all the way to
the bottom.

I pulled one of the steel tubes and tried a number of
methods to remove the fiberglass pieces wedged inside.
Holy crude, these pieces are in so tight after two
hours of trying to cut, grease, burn, chip, pull and
pound on them, I got virtually nowhere!

I think I may have to fabricate new steel posts, but
thought I would toss this out to see if by some weird
chance somebody else had been through this and has a
quick fix?

I know thats a long shot, but this group is amazing.

Oh, one last thing, I am taching just 2000 rpm at 50
mph in 5th. Seems like this thing should do 60+ at
that rate. Is 2000 rpm at 50 right for the M35A2 or
is the 6 wheel version geared differently for the
highway?

Thanks for your patience with all my dumb questions,
but obviously I am enjoying the heck out of my new
toy, save for a few minor frustrations! lol

-Jack