New Items Available (M151 Mutt, APC, Etc.)...

From: Jim Newton (jnewton@laurel.com)
Date: Wed Jun 04 2003 - 00:50:44 PDT

Hi List...

I picked up some new items this weekend that will be going in my
upcoming Military Vehicles advertisement. But as always, I wanted to
offer a preview price to MV list members.

Here's what I have that may benefit MV owners:

BLOCK, DIRECT, VISION (Cool!)
---------------------
Used on the current FMC AAV7a1 (amphibious assault vehicle) series
vehicles (these vehicles are the big monsters with the corrugated side
panels you saw on Fox News in the recent Gulf War II coverage). The
NSN is 2510-00-241-0573. Condition is brand new in box and inner
wrappers and perfect. List member price is $35 each (will be $45 in
MVM). They weigh about 4 lbs each, so shipping will be a little
higher than most of my smaller items. I have about 200 of these.
Pictures soon. For images of the AAV7a1 type in "AAV7a1" in
http://images.google.com.

M151 MUTT OIL PLUG DRAIN WRENCH
-------------------------------
This item is painted olive drab 383, and it is used to remove and
install the oil plug of a M151 Mutt. Brand new in wrapper. $4 each
(will be $6 in MVM).

M151 MUTT WATERPROOF SPARK PLUG WRENCH
--------------------------------------
This item is chrome plated and is used to remove and install the
waterproof boots on the spark plugs. NOS in the wrappers, $8 each
(will be $10 in MVM).

CBU-24 CLUSTER BOMB SUBMUNITION UNITS (INERT TRAINERS)
Thank you to the several list members who pointed me in the right
direction this afternoon on these cool items, and since they were
DROPPED from MVs they are applicable to this MV list. ;) These are
NOS CBU-24 bomblet balls that were packed inside larger cluster bomb
pods. When the larger bomb pods were dropped, the pod would open and
hundreds of these small balls would come out and scatter all over the
field and either explode or lay there for a heavy vehicle to crush
them, which would set them off. The castings have little air paddles
on them, which are designed to spin the ball on its axis, and another
set of paddles stabilizes the ball so it does not deviate from its
axis. They really are fascinating to hold and ponder. Empty and
completely inert, never dropped, never filled with explosives, no need
to demil. $15 each (will be $25 in MVM). I only have about 40 but
may be able to get a few hundred more later.

LAZY DOG BOMBS
--------------
(Also dropped from MVs, so applicable!) These are little 50 caliber
solid steel bombs with sheet metal fins spot welded on the tail. They
were machine turned from 0.5" steel round stock into a bomb shape with
a boat-tail. They weigh 0.7 oz each, and were used in WWII and
Vietnam according to my best data. They were dropped by the crate
load from MVs (helos and planes) over the enemy with devastating
results. NOS, never dropped, many still have a light coating of
cosmoline on them. Not dig-ups. $4 each (will be $6 each in MVM). I
have several thousand.

That's it for now. If interested, email me your order. PayPal is
best, but I trust MV listers with personal checks, and Ill ship your
order ahead of receiving your check. Figure $5 shipping for any
number of any smaller items except the vision blocks which will be $4
each because they're so heavy (many layers of laminated glass).

Thanks!

--

Jim "Ike" Newton

o 1984 M1007 CUCV Military Suburban 6.2 Liter (378 CID) Turbo-Diesel Engine 5/4 Ton Cargo Capacity, 4WD

o 1971 M35A2 Military Troop/Cargo Truck "Deuce and a Half" 478 CID Turbo-Diesel Multi-Fuel Engine Air Shift Front Axle 2 1/2 Ton Cargo Capacity, 6WD

See These Trucks at www.CUCV.NET Keyword Searching of 22,000 Electronic TMs at www.MILDOCS.com