Re: [MV] Title..cj2a??

From: Fred H. Schlesinger (fred@schlesingers.net)
Date: Thu Jun 05 2003 - 11:31:07 PDT

This depends upon your home state. Yours may have a procedure to do this for
ancient or historic vehicles. Mine does not.

In mine, New Jersey, it is near impossible. The best trick is to abandon the
truck in a friendly and trustworthy garage owner, and don't pay storage. They
can then enforce a lien for storage charges and when title, sell the truck to
you. This is not something to fool around with here, is not fully legal, but it
describes how difficult the process can be in some states. Joe Young, you know
New Jersey, what do you think

If the Seller is going through the process in Georgia, I would strongly suggest
that you let them finish it and get their title assigned to you. And hold back
on some significant funds until they get the title or have patience. Get an
agreement from them to sell the thing to you. give them a small deposit and wait
for the title for the truck and delivery.

My son has a cj5 sitting here for a year waiting for the title.

You don't want to put a lot of money into the Jeep unless you can drive it,
right, so what would you do with it anyway without a title.