Re: [MV] Painting M35's

From: Everette (194cbteng@pchnet.com)
Date: Sun Jun 08 2003 - 16:18:40 PDT

Just a little tip - if you are planning to repaint truck 3 or 4 color cammo.
the surface does not have to be really smooth, just feather edge chipped
places.

 One color OD as long as is flat requires very little more sanding than
cammo.

  HOWEVER --

--been there done that -- if you are going to paint OD with shinny finish -
I did this by accident, no one told me that when I added "hardener" to paint
it would give gloss finish - and every place that I sanded shows up when
light hits surface at an angle. I sanded to feather edge, but light
reflects to show hand sized dips in finish where I sanded out chips.

This is M37 that had several coats of paint on it -- I just tell everyone it
is gloss finish because it was Ridgeways truck.

Everette

From: "Employee@MilVeh.com" <milveh@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: [MV] Painting M35's

I think my truck must have changed colors at least
once every 6 months since it was new, based on the
thickness of the paint. I know it's over 3/16 thick
in some places. This has been a sanding nightmare,
I've taken off about a large bucket worth of dust and
probably got 25% of the dings filled. Large paint
flakes scraped off and feathered out, but there comes
a time when you have to say enough! Its an old truck,
its never going to be a show piece... its not like a
car paint job.