M35 unusual power increase

From: James Stead (gadget@EasyPath.com)
Date: Mon Jun 09 2003 - 09:26:53 PDT

  I did something rather embarrassing with my deuce yesterday on the way
back from the WWII show in Reading...I ran out of fuel. It died at the pump!
It's a long story how I even got to that point, so I'll spare everyone the
details.
  What's really strange is that after re-fueling, bleeding the air from the
filters, and getting going again the truck has a lot more power. I'm able to
keep up with the tractor trailers going uphill now, I even passed a couple
on the strait-aways.

With a 2500lb load...
2600 RPM used to equate to low 50's in my truck, and now it's closer to 60.
Approaches to long, steep inclines (at 2750 RPM) used to be about 60. Now,
well past that. I can even hold 50-55 going up those hills.
Inclines that used to drop me to about 37MPH in 4th, I can now do 45ish
while still in overdrive.

I'm guessing this isn't normal performance. Or, is it? If it isn't, before
something blows up,....what should I be looking for?

Thanks,
Jim