Re: [MV] M52A2 pictures available

From: Mark J. Blair (ke6myk_mvlist@sbcglobal.net)
Date: Mon Jun 09 2003 - 09:30:10 PDT

TacticalTruck@aol.com wrote:
> PS I'd be willing to bet Marks truck is a 1968.

Hmm, why do you think that?

The date of delivery field on the dataplate appears to not be stamped,
although I have not yet tried to clean off the gunk to see if there's a faint
stamping hiding under there. I think that the fact that it's a Kaiser-Jeep
makes it pre-1972 (I don't remember the exact cutoff, but I do have a 1970 K-J
shop van, and a 1972 AM General one, so the cutoff should be somewhere between
the two). I recall reading somewhere (MIL-VEH? MV Mag?) about determining the
date of delivery from the registration number (5E2856 on my truck), but it'll
probably take me a while to dig that information up.

--
Mark J. Blair, NF6X <ke6myk@sbcglobal.net>
PGP 2.6.2 public key available from http://www.keyserver.net/