{MV} Brake Line Q

From: Paul A. Thomas (bluewhale@jaxkneppers.com)
Date: Mon Jun 09 2003 - 12:32:22 PDT

I am making a small bypass for my dead Mico Lock on the deuce this
week. Tis 1/2 inch steel tubing. I have a brake bending tool from Snap On
which put a nice 90 degree bend in the line, however the diameter has
flattened somewhat. Instead of a perfect circle at the bend the diameter
has roughly halved, with the width doubling it's original size.
Should I be concerned about this or is it normal for a brake line once
molded? The bending tool has three slots for different size tubing, and I
don't believe any form of sleeve would fit in it with the brake line there
also, but am unsure.

Many Thanks for your time.

        Paul
        MVPA #24986