Re: [MV] M151A2 clutch question- MAY HAVE FOUND POBLEM!

From: Dave Brubaker (b52d@piace.com)
Date: Mon Jun 09 2003 - 12:35:53 PDT

Well it was mentioned to look at the vent hole in the bell housing. I knew
it was stored, but decided to check anyway and I discovered oil dripping
from the hole. Not a lot, but noticeable. Does not look like engine oil
though. Appears to be thicker. Possibly 90 weight from the transmission?

At any rate, seems silly to look into other possibilities until I know what
the oil is and fix it. Best guess would be that the clutch is picking up
the oil and slipping on that. It does not leak oil when it sits a long
time, so stands to reason a seal is leaking when everything is spinning
around.

So will pull the power pack and start poking around. But not until after
our rally on June 21st. I also have a new front wiring harness, might just
as well put that in while the motor is out, easier to get to the firewall
and stuff!

Will report back when I have more details.

Thanks to everybody who responded with info! The list is great for this
sort of thing. Such a pool of knowledge that gets shared!!!

Dave
David & Donna Brubaker
Member MVPA #18115
M-151A2