Re: [MV] 24 Volt Amplifier and speakers?

From: Patrick Jankowiak (eccm@swbell.net)
Date: Mon Jun 09 2003 - 21:33:02 PDT

Altec-lansing made a few very durable solid state high public address
power amps which were designed to run off 24VDC batteries or 120VAC
power. Others such as DuKane did also. Not very compact, but would
fit in the trunk. besides, you'll need to mount a few trumpet style
speakers somewhere too.. to get the sound out. Might find some old PA
amps like that at Nortex electronics.. anything 24v new would be
costly.

Bagpipes! I had not thought of that. I have used country and or
western music or banjo music through a federal 100 watt cop-style pa
and speaker (12 volts, in the car).. drives'em nuts. No matter how
much bass they have, the high frequencies always prevail. I have not
tried opera yet. Opera, the original rap.

Personally, I prefer the ECM approach. RF works wonders if you have
enough of it.