Re: [MV] Landing Mats on a Dirt Slope For Deuce Parking...

From: Bjorn Brandstedt (super_deuce@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Jun 11 2003 - 04:19:18 PDT

Jim,
Sorry about mixing up degrees and percentages. 20 degrees is pretty steep,
you may want to consider what it will do to battery fluids and oils. Also,
think about where all the engine oil will be when you first crank it up
after being parked for a while.

How sharp are the back sides of those PSP's? I guess, if there are enough
sharp, pointy metal edges to rest on, the weight will be distributed, but
again, playing the devils advocate, will it not do some damage to your tires
in the long run...?

Driving/parking on side slopes IS a good way to test your axle seals. I once
found a leaky one that way too.

If it was me, I'd try to level my parking area.

Cheers,
Bjorn