Re: [MV] MV COMM-NET (no mil veh content)

From: James Shanks (n1vbn@bit-net.com)
Date: Wed Jun 11 2003 - 16:01:52 PDT

Patrick,

         the Icom 2-AT HT max output is kinda low by todays standards. 2
Watts max at high power setting with the BP8 battery. I have a couple of
them and while they don't have PL encoding they are still very useful on
those repeaters that don't require PL or simplex.

Military Content: The Icom 2-AT is the portable radio of choice for
many South American Country's that need reliable communications for their
Military Forces. As Patrick will acknowledge it is dead simple to use which
falls right in line with most Military requirements.

Jim

James Shanks
n1vbn@bit-net.com
1998 IMZ 8.103