Re: [MV] Pipe bender? Affordable?

From: Fred Martin (mung@in-touch.net)
Date: Thu Jun 12 2003 - 08:29:32 PDT

Hi Ken...well, I did have a little bad luck...I couldn't figure out the
"budel jack" in your post. I don't mind someones spelling...some are
good at it, some are not...luck of the draw I guess. I just reread your
post and it came to me...I bet you meant bottle...like beer bottle.
While at Harbor Freight the other day...they had their $99 pipe bender
on sale for $79...there was another one just like it beside it for $99
but it had a plate of flat iron and two springs on it to pull the ram
back down...if you have time on your hands...you could do this to the
old style with a couple of heavy hood springs and a couple of 5/16" eye
bolts. Anyone got the style without springs...is it a big deal? Fred Martin