Re: [MV] Oil and Fuel Filters

From: Marc Strangfeld (curlyjoe98@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Jun 12 2003 - 23:29:26 PDT

I can help with a few numbers on the M35 multifuel.

Oil (2 req.)
I suggest a HASTINGS LF219 because they come with
rubber gaskets (seal better). There may be other
brands that come with rubber gaskets but I know
Hastings do for sure (WIX come with paper).

Fuel (engine mounted 2 req.)
Wix 33512 filters do the trick but you need a WIX
15070 gasket to seal the canister.

Fuel (chassis mounted under radiator)
I use OEM filters as I haven't found a civilian
equivelant that I want to use. There is one that will
work but I won't use it because it doesn't fit worth a

Air
I use a WIX 42837. OD is slightly off but doesn't
seem to effect functionality.

Any parts man worth buying parts from can cross these
numbers to other brands. If he sells you a FRAM,
throw it at him and walk out. (personal opinion)

Also, Napa's higher grade filters are made by WIX,
just drop the first digit on a WIX number and you have
a Napa number.

Hope this helps,

Marc