Re: [MV] CUCV Transmission problems

From: Recovry4x4@aol.com
Date: Mon Jun 16 2003 - 13:53:36 PDT

I am far from a tranny expert so take this with a grain of salt. Unless your
CUCV is an exact restoration, I would add a tranny cooler to the mix. If your
6.2 DDA runs even a little hot, the heat will be transferred to the trans
through the radiator. Don't bypass the radiator cooler either, it helps warmup on
cold days. Install your cooler in the return line from the radiator to the
trans. Easy way of figuring this out is to start up a cold truck and get a hand
on both lines. Whichever on heats up last is the line you want the cooler
in. This of course with a complete and thorough flushing after the rebuld should
point you down the road of durable motoring.

Kenneth Engle
Loxahatchee FL
71 A.M. General M35A2
73 A.M. General M275A2