Jeep wiring CJ2A??

From: E Adams (shadow@vci.net)
Date: Wed Jun 11 2003 - 05:28:01 PDT

    I need help knowing if I can unplug a item. I have a silver toggle
switch on my dash. It goes to what looks like the coil but is actually a
water pump. That pump has a piece of rubber hose going out of it and it
"Y"s off and just ends, not connected to anything. The other place where it
looks like water should come in has no hose. the wire leaves the pump and
enters a silver "box" that has "Echlin VR-438" stamped on it. then a wire
goes to the electric radiator fan.
    When the switch on the dash is turned on the pump runs, starts to smoke
and the radiator fan turns at 1/4th its normal speed. This cant be right!
Anyyone have any ideas???

Eric