Re: [MV] Civil Defense vehicles 1950s

From: tmmchugh@juno.com
Date: Tue Jun 17 2003 - 13:18:25 PDT

Everette,

My 1952 M38A1 must have been Fire Co or Forestry Service, then Civil Defense, then a few civilians had it.

During the work bringing it back to original condition I found the following paints. Army OD, then heavy Red paint, then Dark Blue paint, then half Light Blue paint, then White paint & finally Tan paint.

During the cleaning & sanding it looked like a circus wagon with all those colors.

Tom McHugh, NJ
1952 M38A1
M-416 Trailer
MVPA, MTA