Re: [MV] cckw axle question

From: Steve & Jeanne Keith (cckw@attbi.com)
Date: Wed Jun 18 2003 - 04:20:42 PDT

There are three axles: Split, Banjo-GMC, Banjo-Chev

Split axles: looks like two funnels bolted together over the ring gear.
About 1/2 of
CCKWs had these
Rear brakes the same as on Chev/banjo CCKW

Banjo: Have tic-tac-toe cover, used 100% on WW2 Chevrolets and about 1/2 of
the CCKWs
Front axle the same on Chev and CCKW except for U-joint yoke and steering
ball

Rear axles are different due to hub/flange diameter and axle housing
mounting
Gear carriers (chuck) are interchangeable except for yoke.
Brakes the same on both

Hope this helps
Steve AKA Dr Deuce