Re: [MV] HUGE Brother (eBay) is watching

From: J. Forster (jfor@quik.com)
Date: Thu Jun 26 2003 - 20:19:35 PDT

m35products wrote:

> The amazing power, and dare I say, "Wild West" attitude of the www has also
> given the spurned consumer at least a little leverage over scum like you
> describe. All the members of this list should send an email to
> handsonoptics, asking them to tell their side of the story. You can be as
> polite as you wish, but they will sit up and notice a hundred emails the
> first day.

They seem to have gotten the message. Time will tell if I get my money back. I'd
MUCH rather have the item.

> In numbers, there is strength. Just tell us what you want us to do.

Thanks for the offer, but right now I'd just like to wait and see if they do
refund the money.

I've often thought that some web site to chase deadbeat sellers would be
interesting. It could work like this:

If you are ripped off, you make a post to a list and someone on the list in the
seller's area goes and files a small claims action on behalf of the ripped off
buyer and appears and gets a judgment. The proceeds are then split
Alternatively, they could go park a big green truck outside the seller's place
of business with a giant sign, or perhaps deliver a nice stinking load of cow in
extreme cases. All nice and legal, of course.

A similar site might be useful as a spam deterrent.

-John