Desert Camouflage Pattern for an M884 Pickup

From: Mel Miller (nourmahal@att.net)
Date: Sat Jun 28 2003 - 17:55:36 PDT

Howdy Gruppe,

I recently bought a 1977 M884 pickup and am doing a moderate restoration on
it. The truck was a NG vehicle so only racked up about 20K miles but
suffered a little rust from sitting outside. I would like to do a desert
camouflage pattern on it and would appreciate input on which one would be
appropriate for the truck's period. I just missed a 1970's camouflage manual
on Ebay so I am looking around.

Second question, does anyone know paint codes for readily available
automotive finishes which any paint and body shop could order - Standard non
CARC Dupont, PPG, etc. brands? It seems as if this was covered a few years
ago but I cannot seem to get into the the archives.

Thirdly, has anyone ever had a camouflage pattern digitally recorded by a
sign company and reproduced as a full size template which could be taped to
the truck and then "chalked on" to the body to make spraying easier?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

TIA,
Mel Miller
Corpus Christi, TX