Re: [MV] My mistake. Off-topic. Delete now.

From: Steve Grammont (islander@midmaine.com)
Date: Sun Jun 29 2003 - 15:16:42 PDT

>Imagine tinkering with the carburetor and muffler on your car and
>being charged with a crime that results in 10 years jail time. That's
>what hackers rail against.

Imagine tinkering with someone else's carburetor and muffler on their car
without permission and the owner not having any recourse. That's what
sofware developers (me) and sys admins rail against. It's my server, my
code, my life's work... anybody that has a probelm with that can come and
visit me in person and I'll be happy to straighten them out. Of course,
hackers by their nature are cowards when it comes to confrontation with
the people they are harming.

Just my friendly Sunday two bits worth! Yup, I am in a fine mood because
I just heard a bearing grind up in my MULE about an hour ago and we MULE
owners know how fun THAT is to change out :-/

Steve