Re: [MV] What Is This Clip on Brand New M35A2 Sideboards/Troop Seats?

From: Bruce Kalin (pball@csionline.net)
Date: Wed Jul 02 2003 - 18:38:27 PDT

Hi Jim,
The clips are used to secure the support rods for the dropside bed when
the tailgate is not in the secure upright position. Without the
tailgate, there is nothing to support the sides at the rear of the
truck. This information is from Helen at Spunky's Motor Pool, who just
went through a dozen photos and e-mails, which she sent so that I could
understand how the support rods are supposed to fit on the truck.

PS: I am in need both end upright supports for the dropside truck, as in
your photos. Anyone interested in trading for the standard uprights, or
have a pair for sale, please contact me.
Thanks,
Bruce

--
Bruce Kalin (East Coast Convoy Coordinator)
The Largest Historic Military Vehicle Convoy in US History