vicious greedmongers

From: Patrick Jankowiak (eccm@swbell.net)
Date: Fri Jul 04 2003 - 01:56:28 PDT

yes, this has MV content.,.

Tried 208.190.133.201 lately for military radios and M35 manuals?

well I am here to tell you those manuals are gone.

There is a man in Dallas, Terry Muncey, who makes his living off of
selling books, manuals, and magazines he has scanned in or otherwise
obtained, etc. His business is called Radio Era Archives. He is
working a deal with LOGSA now to make available all the released
manuals. His idea is to let a person view the manual online, for a
fee, then of course, there will be no downloading, but like a copy
machine you can pay to print each image. At least with mildocs, you
can download. i assume so anyway. And LOGSA is still free. -201 was
free too, and although it didn't have everything, it was good for the
M35 and the old radios.

That is called competition and free enterprise.

now, we are all aware of the 'released for public distribution'
manuals available from an ebay seller, as '500+ military radio
manuals'. These were posted on the -201 website along with the M35
manuals. All freely available from LOGSA of course.

Mr. Muncey has seen fit to contact LOGSA, and convince some boob
there, that a bunch of these manuals are illegal, said boob getting
all stirred up and contacting the FBI.. Mr. Muncey has done such a
good job at this that it has resulted in the manuals being quickly
withdrawn from the -201 web site.

This is how you corner the market and crush the efforts of people who
would do for free what you think you should be able to charge for. I
would like to know, what kind of person thinks he will elevate himself
by lying and making false accusations? using the FBI as a fool/tool to
enrich himself?

I have many foul words to say, but I will not type them here. I am
going to call LOGSA Monday, (no foul words there either) and find out,
with the list of files at my disposal, which, if any, are not
released. All the files were downloaded from LOGSA by the person who
sells the CDs. This person has no 'account', and therefore gets only
the unrestricted manuals. Just like us. The contents of the CDs were
put on the site. The added value was the creation of an index (the CDs
had none.. try looking through 500+ files..)

If I find that none of the files are restricted, which is what I fully
expect to find, what should be done with Mr. Muncey for his
reprehensible actions? I am going to investigate this entire chain of
events.

To lie to a government agency, to falsely accuse, and lie to LOGSA and
the FBI, to use them like fools, as a tool to advance your own green
and love of filthy luchre?

If anyone ever found a restricted manual on that site I would like to
know it. All the manuals came from the 3 CD set on ebay, which came
from 'govpubs.com' originally as the seller, now they are sold by
'linenspecials' and the M35 ones from LOGSA as we are aware.

This sucks. that's it. I'll use the disk space for cat pictures or
something.

By the way, beware..