RE: [MV] M35A3 around the world

From: Michael Goodden (mgmv@auroragroup.co.uk)
Date: Sat Jul 05 2003 - 14:18:11 PDT

Hi Bjorn

Thanks for the support, I'm soooo much happier with having an A3
particularly for the CAT engine. Its going to be interesting as no one
really knows too much about the A3 yet, but it does seem more straight
forward as it's using more standardised modern bits.

Yeah we stripped down the old engine on my A2 and repaired it all... it
steamed from a faulty compressor that then sheared fragments into the
engine causing lots of interesting problems!!! ... but its all mended
and up and running perfectly again now.

It's a 1D engine... this is normally used in the 5ton trucks and kicks
out an impressive 205hp. When running at 70+mph its operating at
2,600rpm ... I never push it over that!!

I do have a basic core route planned, but it is bound to deviate
slightly as the trip progresses. The desert that is currently on my
mind is almost at the start of the expedition, with entering Africa, and
travelling down trough Morocco, Western Sahara, Mauritania, Senegal and
Gambia, and then driving straight across the middle of the Sahara all
the way through Mali, Libya, and into Egypt. From there I'll then have
to ship the truck back over the Mediterranean to avoid the middle east
situation and then ... ( hugely summarised!!) ... through Russia,
Kazakhstan, China, Tibet, Nepal, India, SE Asia, Australia, South
America, Central America, US, Canada, Alaska, and then back across
Canada and the US before returning back to the UK!!!!

The site is in development at the moment and I'll be sure to let you
know when its up and running.

Many thanks
Mike
Michael Goodden