Re: [MV] DNR, M35, Fire Dept.

From: Robert Peterson (peteweld57@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Jul 07 2003 - 04:56:04 PDT

They may or may not get caught, but they can't provide
a "good" title. A nearby township volunteer FD
upgraded equipment, and sold a Deuce at auction a few
years back, and it, like ours, had came from the
Forestry Dept. These vehicles are loaners, and must be
returned to the DNR.
When the buyer tried to get a title for it, it all
came to a screeching halt.
Theirs was a relatively honest mistake, as some of
these units have been used for many years, and because
of personnel changes, and perhaps poor record keeping,
it's been forgotten that they weren't purchased.