M38A1 Clutch/Brake Pedal linkage question

From: Jonathan Ramsdell (ramsdellj@adelphia.net)
Date: Mon Jul 07 2003 - 10:29:50 PDT

Is it possible to install the shaft that connects the clutch and brake
pedal on backwards? It runs under the frame just behind the master
cylinder.

I cannot get enough clearance between my hat channel and the clutch pedal.

I had someone weld new hat channels on the bottom of my tub, and I can't
tell if I installed the shaft on backwards, or, if my hat channels are too
wide.

Other than cutting or grinding away at the hat channels, does anyone have
any ideas?

Thanks

Jon