GMC Markings

From: Nigel Hay MILWEB \(www.milweb.net\) (Nigel@milweb.net)
Date: Mon Jul 07 2003 - 11:41:21 PDT

I recieved this enquiry today - can anyone help?
I am about to respray my jimmy & during the rub down have come across an
interesting marking on each side of the cab. in a white circle of approx 12
inches diameter (with "notches" in the outer circle there is a pair of palm
trees in green to the left; to the right is a pair of arabic type buildings
in profile, also in white. There is a blue top half inside the circle, the
bottom section may be dunes or even pyramids in vehicle green. The trees
have an outlined 5 pointed star in red drawn over them though this may be a
later insignia...it's difficult to tell. I'm fairly sure the markings relate
to its french use & if it is early in its life it would be smart to restore
it to a french jimmy! Hope you can help. Thanks