Re: [MV] DNR, M35, Fire Dept.

From: Mike and Cheryl (mleaton@netins.net)
Date: Mon Jul 07 2003 - 21:16:47 PDT

I am working on owning a M715 from our local Fire Dept in Iowa.
I would call Your State DNR and ask them if it is listed as their property.
Some of these vehicles also came through the Civil Defense which was
rolled into the DNR Forestry Service. The Civil Defense vehicles were
given to the Fire Dept instead of transferring all the paperwork to DNR. The
M715 was not listed as a DNR vehicle. This one came through the DPDO (older
DRMO),
and listed Ft Riley Kansas as the owner. I have been told the GSA doesn't
keep records of these the DNR does. I am in the process of getting written
letter from DNR stating this is not their vehicle, This will be given to DOT
(dept of Transportation) for use in obtaining a title. Who is listed on the
registration
as the owner? Even if it is a Civil Defense DNR will gladly take it and sell
it at
GSA Auction and keep money.
   If DNR says it is theirs then it must be returned to them, or until you
get caught
with it, then it will be theirs. You can bid on it on internet auction.

Email me if you have any questions. I am not through the whole process on
mine yet.

Mike in Iowa
mleaton@netins.net