Re: [MV] Dot 3 or Dot 5

From: Paul A. Thomas (bluewhale@jaxkneppers.com)
Date: Wed Jul 09 2003 - 12:30:59 PDT

This comes up on list roughly twice a year. From all of the opinions,
arguments, scientific data etc provided I decided to flush well/repeatedly
with DOT3 and stay with that. I could see the argument of those who drive
their trucks hard with heavy loads using DOT5. And the military apparently
uses DOT5 now. However DOT3 was used in my Deuce from 1953 until the
present ( it's a bit heavy as it's a fire truck / tanker now ) without
problems. And the truck was designed and released using DOT3, so I'm
comfortable with it.

         Paul