Re: [MV] PTO/winch question

From: Bjorn Brandstedt (super_deuce@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Jul 09 2003 - 14:32:59 PDT

"K-Boom", I like that! Did you just make that up Ken? I havn't seen that
before.

Right, the hydraulic pump is driven off the PTO from the transfer with the
HI-LO-shifter in its center position. I usually run the engine at 1200-1500
rpm and the gear box in 3rd gear.

The truck was once fitted with a front winch, which I removed, and sold, to
reduce the load on the front axle (the crane weighs about 3,500 lb and
pushes the limit on the front leaf spring/tires). The winch was driven from
a separate PTO like Ken mentioned.

Cheers,
Bjorn
Meadows of Dan, Virginia