Re: [MV] PTO/winch question

From: Recovry4x4@aol.com
Date: Wed Jul 09 2003 - 09:57:52 PDT

Richard, with the exception of the -A3 series, all winches were PTO operated.
The M342A2 and the like had a dual output PTO to operate the dump bed. Also
the tank trucks (water & fuel), crane trucks, pole setters, pipeline and other
specialty trucks had a second PTO that was driven off the rear of the
transfer case. Combining this with the transmission you actually have 5 forward
speed options. I know of at least a couple of guys on the list that have K-Booms
on their truck and one of them has the boom combined with a winch and a dump
bed. Quite a busy but functional truck. I was all set up to install a K-Boom on
my truck then the crane deal fell through. Was a great opportunity to buy
the tractor I always wanted.

Kenneth Engle
Loxahatchee FL
71 A.M. General M35A2