MULE (MV) oil leak problems

From: Steve Grammont (islander@midmaine.com)
Date: Wed Jul 09 2003 - 15:13:24 PDT

Hi all,

I have some problems with my MULE's ability to hold its gear oil. I
replaced all the seals with NOS sets way back when because all four drop
axels and the front driveshaft seals leaked. One or two of the drop
axels no longer leak (much), but one or two still leak more than I would
like. However, the real problem is the driveshaft seal because this puts
oil into the brakedrum, which makes my chances of stopping with the brake
about as good as none (I was recently reminded of this).

I suspect my problem is that the shafts are worn down enough that the
seals aren't making great contact. So my question is... what can I do
about this? Obviously I am looking for the least expensive, least
wasteful (i.e. using up NOS parts) means of fixing my problem.

Thanks!

Steve

P.S. Still gotta take a look at the grinding sound in the right front
drop axel. I know it isn't going to be purdy, but I hope it ain't buttugly!!