Sprag Transfer Case

From: S&D Davis (scottanddonna@bellsouth.net)
Date: Thu Jul 10 2003 - 14:38:47 PDT

We have a M35A2 with air shift and we just recently acquired a M109A3 that
does not have air shift. We have found out that the M109A3 has the sprag
transfer case. Can you still have air shift with a sprag unit or do you
have to change out the entire case? What are the advantages if any to the
sprag? Should we just change it out to air shift? If you change out the
transfer case, is there anything else that has to be change? How difficult
is it to change out the transfer case?

Any help is much appreciated!
Scott & Donna