Re: [MV] Maybe a silly import question, but...

From: Alan R Wise (awise1@cinci.rr.com)
Date: Fri Jul 11 2003 - 22:02:28 PDT

on 7/11/03 7:18 PM, Bill Taylor at usms@sbcglobal.net wrote:

> I have a similar question, post 9-11, how difficult is it to import
> British armor to the States? I've been offered what seems to be a
> really good deal on a Ferret, but am unsure how good a deal it is if I
> can't import the vehicle. Anyone have any experience with that?
> Bill

People are bringing in British armor all the time. Western Resources in TN,
Earl Tucker, Lots of folks. In May I brought over a CVR(T) Striker.
Paperwork, Form 6, etc. was no problem. The only thing 9/11 did was tighten
the inspections, it didn't eliminate vehicles. SME/US stuff is another story
and has always been another story...