Re: [MV] Proper Way to Lash 2-1/2 and 5 Ton Cargo Covers and End Curtains?

From: Jim Newton (jnewton@laurel.com)
Date: Fri Jul 11 2003 - 21:26:00 PDT

Hi Ronzo...

Thanks for the plug for MILDEW.COM. ;) Made me laugh out loud!
Here's your five bucks. ;)

Yes, TM 9-2320-361-10 does show all this. The only thing I'm still
not clear on is:

(Referring to drawing TA 51778 on page 2-201, as well as TA 51783 and
TA 51784 on page 2-203 in TM 9-2320-209-10-1 December 1988)

  a.) How the REAR end curtain is supposed to be laced to allow it to
be rolled up (the TM shows in TA 51778 that you are supposed to lace
it all the way down...but then, duh, you can't roll it up as shown in
TA 51783!)

  b.) When you roll up the sides of the cargo top as shown in TA
51784, how do you tie the ropes around the front and rear bows to keep
the front and back of the tarp from flapping around? It seems like
you should tie the right rope to the left side of the bow, but in the
illustration they show the right rope tied to the right side of the
bow. This results in a floppy fit and the top flaps around in the
wind.

By the way, MILDOCTORS.COM ;) does not have TM 9-2320-361-10 because
it is currently distribution "C". I have a hard copy, as well as an
illicit electronic version, but they cannot be included in MILDOCS at
this time. I have no idea why it is still considered sensitive! TM
9-2320-209-10-1 is on MILDEW.COM because it is distribution "A"
(anyone can possess it). But it too only mentions the cargo top and
curtains, but doesn't explain installation.

Thanks!

--

Jim "Ike" Newton

o 1984 M1007 CUCV Military Suburban 6.2 Liter (378 CID) Turbo-Diesel Engine 5/4 Ton Cargo Capacity, 4WD

o 1971 M35A2 Military Troop/Cargo Truck "Deuce and a Half" 478 CID Turbo-Diesel Multi-Fuel Engine Air Shift Front Axle 2 1/2 Ton Cargo Capacity, 6WD

See These Trucks at www.CUCV.NET Keyword Searching of 22,000 Electronic TMs at www.MILDOCS.com