1947 CJ2A...green radiator fins

From: Eric \(Home\) (shadow@vci.net)
Date: Wed Jul 16 2003 - 05:56:58 PDT

Looks like I have a green patina (salt spray?) on the fins of my radiator.
There is zero leakage from the radiator ad I got it from N. Florida so it
must be salt-spray. Would this patina effect the cooling effects of the
radiator that much?

For those that followed along with my previous post about my Willys
overheating: I used some "cooling system cleaner" and got a new radiator
cap and hose. I am hoping that'll fix it. Just worried about the greenness
of the radiator being a factor. I have zero cash to put in on a new
radiator and I have a local get together and ride for a Willys club I am a
member of, (Aug 9th), so I am getting things patched together for this.

Eric