Re: [MV] 2003 Bart Vanderveen Award

From: Nigel Hay MILWEB \(www.milweb.net\) (Nigel@milweb.net)
Date: Sun Jul 20 2003 - 12:20:13 PDT

Folks,
Pay attention please......
Lets not sully the memory of Bart Vanderveen or insult the sponsors of the
trophy by such actions as Mr Webster would suggest - I am delighted with the
choice as I was one of the three chaps who organised the first IMPS event 21
years ago and since have until 2001 been heavily involved in organising
every annual event since. This award is to BOTH the IMPS and the organising
team (who have for the last 3 years run the event commercially). The work
the club has done over those years has been instrumental in developing both
the hobby and the show itself into the level we now find it at. Bart himself
told me on more than one occasion that the event had mnade a huge
contribution to the hobby.
The award is chosen by the number of nominations recieved.
It would be much more sensible to perhaps consider who you would like to
nominate for next year.

Nige